September 13, 2010

An Experience I'll Remember ..





My first public speaking experience was like, 7 years ago or something, but it was only in high schools, I was a second grader student back then. That was when I knew that I just love presenting way too much and I want it as a future career.

There is this experience I have which I'll never forget, It happened four years ago, when I was in grade six. My teacher chose some students from the school, and chose me as well. all the girls were older than me Their ages were from (15-17) I was the only 11 years old girl there. We were practicing for the "Special needs people day" We used to go to the special needs school everyday to practice, on reading some parts of a poem.. So I really enjoyed practicing and all, The girls were nice to me and I was getting along with them so well.. We had our crazy fun moments that we all loved. After weeks of practicing, The day came, when we were goin to let everything we learned out, The day we were going to show the audience what we we were practicing on. it was a huge audience, many many people! There were documentary movies directors, directors associates and many other important people. I was wearing an omani dress just as the other girls, when I first stood on the stage, confronting all the strange faces I couldn't recognize, I only knew my parents, It made me feel so nervous, and really scared. but there was no time to back off then. I kept on reminding myself that they were only normal moments that were going to fade away, but I was kind-of wrong. When it was my turn to show up and speak my parts of the poem, I felt more nervous, my heart beats kept on beating too fast. I said the first two lines and then ran to behind the stage and started crying.. because I suddenly forgot all what I had to say, I suddenly forgot everything. I was crying too much, My teacher came to calm me down, So did my mother .. After I calmed down I went to the stage again.. All confident and strong. Thanks to my mom's words and my teacher's, they made me feel stronger! So once I stepped up on the stage, everyone was surprised, they were all in a shock. I said my parts again.. & then everyone was impressed. Apparently my story went to the TV, newspapers and some documentary movies directors. I got a gift, and they all said I was brave for getting back to the stage like nothing happened.. It really made me feel so proud of myself, I was really happy. After that day, I got some phone calls from some media guys.. They made some interviews with me, I saw my pictures on some newspapers, the post that was on the newspaper, about the special needs days mentioned my name and said that I was the star of the event & there was this omani presenter who mentioned how great I was in some of her interviews. Yeah I know I think they were over-reacting as well. but oh well, I enjoyed being the star. That experience really did change my life, & Many things happened since that experience.

Some mistakes can give you the greatest life lessons at times .. As along as you believe in yourself, everything will turn up fine.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog is amazing!
Keep it up ;)

Post a Comment